Julia School, Inc. has three primary objectives:
Classes are conducted monthly and they are both educational and fun. The three basic rules are to Listen, Learn, and
- To develop an afterschool core curriculum parallel to
- To teach character traits to students that promotes development of social skills and manners;
- To provide afterschool enrichment activities for students ages four to nine years old.
A Day at The School
School is held on the 3rd Sunday of each month,
currently at Roberts Park Community Center at 1300 East Martin Street in Raleigh.
Each month has a different topic and educational focus. Recent topics have included Know Your Manners,
Math Madness, and An Interview With a King where Reginald McClain portrayed Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Other monthly topics include:
In addition to training sessions and fun activites, The School also provides a nutritious light snack.
- Student Self-Soul Searching
- Black History Month
- Children Can Cook
- Cultural Crossover
- Make Music
- Reading and Writing
- Morals and Manners Makeover
- Technology Today
- Creative Crafts